Your Guide To More Than 80 Recipes For Every Occasion, Shipped Right to Your Door
Decadent Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Icing Recipe
These decadent chocolate cupcakes are rich, moist, and chock-full of chocolate flavor. They are the ideal dessert for any chocolate lover, as they are topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate frosting.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Use paper liners to line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar, milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are just combined.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to completely cool before frosting them.
- To make the frosting, in a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream until it just begins to boil.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour it into a medium heatproof bowl with the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes before whisking until smooth.
- Refrigerate the frosting for 15-20 minutes, or until it thickens and becomes spreadable.
- Frost the cupcakes and serve.
Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
6 Cup Metal Muffin and Cupcake Pan for Toaster Ovens
The Cupcake Handbook
Trophy Cupcakes and Parties
Halved Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe
Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes with Pink Sprinkles Recipe
Scone Cupcakes with Vanilla and Chocolate Icing Recipe
Blueberry Cupcake with Powdered Sugar Recipe