Indulge in the Sweet World of Cupcakes with Recipes for Every Occasion, Shipped Right to Your Door
Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes with Red Sprinkles Recipe
Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes with Red Sprinkles are ideal for any celebration. They're moist and fluffy, with a light cocoa flavor and a bright red color. The red sprinkles on top add a festive and fun touch.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a mini cupcake pan halfway with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until well combined.
- Beat in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk and red food coloring.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk mixture in two additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the vinegar and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Incorporate the vinegar mixture into the batter until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 full with the batter from the prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, sprinkle red sprinkles on top of each cupcake.
Babycakes Mini Cupcake Maker
150 Best Cupcake Recipes
Cupcake Corer Kit
The Deliciously Easy Cupcake Cookbook
Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Orange Zest Recipe
Decadent Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Icing Recipe
Winter Cupcakes with Snow Frosting Recipe
Lemon Cupcakes with Powdered Sugar and Raspberries Recipe