Discover the Joy of Baking with this Collection of Delicious and Creative Cupcake Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Chocolate Cupcakes with Icing and Syrup Recipe
These decadent chocolate cupcakes are drizzled with a sweet syrup and topped with a decadent chocolate icing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until they are just combined.
- Add the boiling water and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the icing by whisking the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the milk and vanilla extract over medium heat.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar mixture until smooth.
- When the cupcakes are cool enough to handle, spoon the icing over each one.
- Heat the remaining sugar and water in the same saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Poke several holes in the top of each cupcake with a toothpick.
- Allow the syrup to soak in by spooning it over the cupcakes.
- Before serving, allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
The Betty Crocker Big Book Of Cupcakes
Babycakes Mini Cupcake Maker
150 Best Cupcake Recipes
Cupcake Corer Kit
Chocolate Cupcake with Milk Chocolate Shavings Recipe
Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Vanilla Cupcakes with Assorted Frosting Recipe
Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Peanuts Recipe